An Introduction to Benfield ATT
The name ‘Benfield’ has been associated with high quality building and property development for over 80 years. Headed by Chartered Environmentalist Prof. Michael Benfield, Benfield ATT has a long established commitment to creating Low Cost, Low Energy and Low Impact buildings. We recognize the superior value that timber structures offer our clients.
If you’re an architect or builder working on behalf of a client, our comprehensive services and building systems can help you realise your projects faster and more cost effectively.
To begin with, you can send us your plans for a free estimate. This will give you prices for 5 different levels of timber frame and SIPs specifications of increasing energy efficiency and includes detailed information on what is included in the kit. This allows you and your client to put together a bespoke kit package to meet their budget.
As Chartered Building Consultants and Chartered Surveyors, we can provide site surveys, town planning, architectural design and structural engineering, through manufacturing and specialist erection, to procurement and project management services – all from a single source.
The Benefits of Timber Frame
If you’re use to more traditional building methods, timber frame construction comes with many benefits that can save your time and money:
- Timber frame construction is unhindered by the weather, reducing erection times compared to traditional methods
- A weatherproof shell can be erected in a few days allowing internal fittings to commence, further saving time on site
- Panels can be constructed offsite reducing wastage onsite and creating a safer, tidier environment
- Lightweight timber frames need smaller, less expensive foundations
- You’re freed to use a wide range of claddings and finishes along with timber frame, which serves as the structural component of the build
You can find more information on the benefits of timber frame here
SIP panels provide a way to achieve even greater thermal efficiency and airtightness above what can already be achieved in timber frame. They are a prime solution for clients looking to save on their energy bills or achieve Passivhaus standards.
- SIPs are incredibly thermally efficient and airtight, making them prime choices for clients looking to achieve low energy bills and comfortable homes
- SIPs do not shrink or move once constructed, creating less of an effect on follow-up trades and reducing overall construction time on site
- The panelised nature lends itself to the easy construction of rooms in the roof and vaulted ceilings, where one would normally require many posts and beams
- The narrower walls which are inherent structures built in SIPs are ideal for small sites where every inch of space is premium
Download our information sheet for more information on the benefits of SIPs
We can also supply you with all the extra components and finishing items you will require such as:
- Glulam Beams
- Metal Web Joists
- Post & Beam Frames
- Roof coverings
- Windows & Doors in Timber, uPVC, Aluminium
- External Claddings
- Timber Porches
- Timber Balconies & Decks
- Feature Oak Trusses
- Glazed Entrance Frames
If you our your client are looking to build a bespoke timber garage or carport, then our SolidLox system is the ideal solution delivering traditional post and beam buildings, fully engineered and in your choice of timber. They use metal connectors to facilitate fast and easy fitting on site.
If you are looking to improve your project by including a feature truss and create a large open plan area or vaulted ceiling, we can supply trusses to spans of 11 metres or more and deliver them on a schedule to suit you.
Have a look at our case studies to see some examples of previous project we have undertaken.