Do you need to build an extension?
You can save significantly...
...And do it with minimal fuss.
Whether you plan to expand outwards with a front, side or rear extension - or upwards over a garage, adding a loft conversion or an extra floor to a bungalow - an extension offers both practical and financial benefits over moving house.
The Practical Benefits
- Create additional bedrooms, playrooms & home offices
- Avoid the hassle of waiting in property chains
- Avoid leaving behind your friends, neighbours & street
- Avoid sorting out travel time to work
The Financial Benefits
- Avoid agents & solicitor's fees
- Avoid stamp duty
- Avoid potentially daunting house prices in your area
- Up the resale value of your home
Modern Methods of Construction
By using Modern Methods of Construction such as timber frame or SIPS, a simple ground floor extension can be built in a matter of days and create minimal disruption to your home.
- Insulation is fitted in the factory, saving time and work on site
- Claddings can be fitted even in bad whether, where masonry construction would have to halt
- Work inside can begin even before the external walls are finished
- A lightweight timber frame structure can require less foundations than a masonry one
- The speed of construction leads to direct savings for you. Equipment, scaffolding and fencing, as well as project management are needed for a shorter time
- These modern methods of construction create less waste on site, which is safer for all concerned
- The speed of construction means your home will spend less time as a building site and you'll have your garden/driveway back quicker
By using different external claddings, your extension can blend seamlessly with the existing building. This is particularly important if it is a listed building or in a conservation area, and it creates an asthetically pleasing finish - for both you and planners.
We offer a range of services to help you along the self-building journey:
- Design: Working from a conceptual stage, we can design your extension for you, ensuring it meets your requirements both visually and in terms of saving energy.
- Planning: We can prepare all the drawings you need to submit to planners, and if you wish, liase with them on your behalf
- Building Regulations: We can supply you with full building regulations drawings
- Manufacture: We can manufacture the kit using your prefered method of construction and erect it for you
- Fitting Out: We can supply you with all the items you need, such as insulation, windows and doors, and leave you with a fully livable extension.
Have a look at our FAQ if you have further questions or drop us an email.
If you have plans available - or even initial sketches - send them to us to receive your free estimate.