Site Carpenter Vacancy
Varied jobs, covering timber frame, post and beam, glulam, green oak structures. Traditional Green Oak, carcassing, first fix, second fix, trim, fit-outs. Extensions, remodelling, new residential, penthouse flats, garages, carports, leisure lodges, etc. Some bench and joinery work.
Occasional work in Channel Islands, France, etc. and in our works at Caldicot.
Career Advancement - Become a complete ‘Carpenter & Builder’. Develop your team leadership and site management skills toward site agency and eventual contracts management over all trades. Potential to learn computer based skills for design, project management, scheduling, control, etc. and achieve CIOB status.
High earnings potential, add to your modest basic earnings with performance related bonuses based on quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction as part of a small but growing team. Remuneration will be based on your experience, capability, and willingness to succeed. It will also be tied to capacity and output as noted above.
- Be time served, fully qualified and able to
- read and follow drawings and other instructions
- set out and cut roofs (as well as pre-cut timbers and trusses)
- make on site adjustments and corrections when necessary
- Have appropriate CSCS accreditation
- Possible have slinger and banksman certificates
- Be qualified to drive telehandlers (and possibly mini-cranes)
- Command respect from others and be able to lead by example
- Have clear aspirations and career goals
Additionally you will have:
- your own well used and maintained tools
- your own vehicle and will be willing to use this to travel to jobs
- a supportive family, keen to help your career advancement and happy for you to spend several days at a time away from home when necessary.
- your own mobile 'phone with camera - able to take staged pictures of job progress
- the ability to keep accurate site records and file appropriate and timely reports
- an understanding of how to work with architects, surveyors, site agents, etc.
Ideally you will also
- be able to use e-mail and access drawings etc. from the internet
- Have good command of
- written and spoken English (help given if you are not British)
- appropriate maths
- have your own team or following
IF YOU LACK ANY OF THE ABOVE, but would like the chance to take advantage of this opportunity, apply making clear what you need to do. We are committed to self-development and may be able to help you grow.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU …
You can use our online application form
Alternatively e-mail Freda Sanders (email@example.com) or phone 01291 418 344 for an application form to be sent
Benfield ATT Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Please note that you will be asked to attach a handwritten statement of what you can bring to this opportunity.
Benfield ATT are timber engineers based 4 miles from the M4/M5 junction in Caldicot NP26 5PR.
Chartered Building Consultants, Chartered Surveyors, IIP. TRADA, ISO 9001, LABC
An Equal Opportunities Employer