Carpenter and Joiner Vacancy
Really Interesting & Varied job. Progressively we are building more and more of the component elements of a house or other building in our factory. This means fabricating post and beam structures, making wall panels, pre-cutting floor joists and rafters, pre-hanging doors, making stairs, dormers, porches, etc. We use CLS timbers, Douglas fir, Green Oak, and glulam.
You Will Be really enthusiastic about this type of work, able to read and follow shop and construction drawings, used to working to one-off and short run production programmes, well versed and experienced in the use of hand and electric tools, a good machinists and sawyer, well organised and a self-started and finisher of bench and joinery work. You will also welcome the occasional opportunity to go out on site to fit some of your work.
Career Advancement - Become a complete ‘Carpenter & Builder’. Develop your team leadership and management skills toward eventual operations management over all trades. Potential to learn computer based skills for design, project management, scheduling, control, etc. and achieve CIOB status.
High earnings potential, add to your modest basic earnings with performance related bonuses based on quality, timeliness, and customer satisfaction as part of a small but growing team. Remuneration will be based on your experience, capability, and willingness to succeed. It will also be tied to capacity and output as noted above.
- Be time served, fully qualified and able to
- read and follow drawings and other instructions
- set out and cut roofs (as well as pre-cut timbers and trusses)
- make adjustments and corrections when necessary
- Have appropriate accreditations
- Be qualified to drive forklifts/telehandlers
- command respect from others and be able to lead by example
- have clear aspirations and career goals
Additionally you will have:
- your own well used and maintained tools
- your own vehicle and be willing to use this for occasional travel to inspect / assist with jobs
- the ability to keep accurate records and file appropriate and timely reports
- an understanding of how to work with architects, surveyors, site agents, etc.
Ideally you will also
- be able to use e-mail and access drawings etc. from the internet
- Have good command of
- written and spoken English (help given if you are not British)
- appropriate maths
- have your own team or following
IF YOU LACK ANY OF THE ABOVE, but would like the chance to take advantage of this opportunity, apply making clear what you need to do. We are committed to self-development and may be able to help you grow.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU …
Benfield ATT are timber engineers based 4 miles from the M4/M5 junction in Caldicot NP26 5PR.
Chartered Building Consultants, Chartered Surveyors, IIP. TRADA, ISO 9001, LABC